02 Oct 7 Food Trends For Your Future Taste Buds
Posted at 15:30h in Conference Organisation, Event Management, Event Production, Incentive Travel, Venue Finding
Got food on your mind? We always do here in the office! As we are now in autumn and winter is only round the corner, now is the time to get excited about the upcoming food trends.
- Pumpkin – A popular ingredient around this time of year as it can be used to make a variety of dishes such as pumpkin pies and tarts, soups and risottos and even a pumpkin spiced latte! On a heathy note, pumpkin is a good source of vitamin A, C and dietary fibre.
- Slow cooking and traditional meats – This trend is great for those needing a little warming up! From stews, chilli con carne to pulled pork, the key is slow and steady cooking.
- Winter slaw – Often contains red cabbage, pecans and walnuts, carrots, red onion, pomegranate seeds and even parsnips.
- Sweet and savoury concepts – Being creative by mixing sweet and savoury flavours together is an increasing trend to be on the lookout for.
- Foraging and home-grown – It just tastes better! Eating foraged food and food that has not been proceed or messed around with is definitely a trend expanding into the cooler months.
- Interactive eating – Don’t just look at it! See how your dish is being made, taste and experiment with the flavours. It makes eating food so much more fun!
- South American/ Japanese fusion – The trend is not exclusive to autumn and winter but a long-running trend to explore. What are you waiting for?