10 Nov It’s Beginning to Look a lot like…. Christmas!
With dare I say it “Christmas” creeping up on us, London is starting to light up in preparation.
On a walk back to the station from the office the Marriott Park Lane has already got it’s decorations up and the lights on Oxford Street were already switched on at the beginning of the week.
With the John Lewis ad being launched, there’s no escaping that Christmas is almost upon us. But don’t worry, you haven’t missed out as there’s still all of this to come…
- The Bond Street Christmas lights are switched on at 5pm on November 12th the same days as the Carnaby Street lights go live
- If you’re nearer to Covent Garden their celebrations also start on the 12th with decorations taking on a mistletoe theme for 2015
- On the 15th November head over to Regent Street. This year’s Regent Street Christmas lights are sponsored by Jo Malone London and will feature shimmering golden sequins, cogs and coils. ACT Lighting Design, who design the Christmas lights in Paris, have created the spectacle.
- Hatton Garden glitters up on the 17th November
- Christmas Tree lighting at the Royal Exchange on the 25th November where the lights will be switched on by Jodie Kidd and the East London Chorus will sing carols
So pour yourself a mulled wine and get into the Christmas spirit…. It’s not event December yet!