08 Apr mindfulness at home
it can be easy to rush through life without stopping to notice much of the world around us. we all now find ourselves in a position where we have more time due to less travel or reduced workload/hours.
paying more attention to your own thoughts, feelings and to the world around you – can improve your mental wellbeing & reduce stress. this is called mindfulness!
mindfulness can be practiced in lots of different way. many involve sitting silently and paying attention to thoughts, sounds, the sensations of breathing or parts of the body, bringing your attention back whenever the mind starts to wander.
below are lots of different ideas on how everyone can practice mindfulness:
• try something creative – draw, paint, colour
• immerse yourself in music
• have a weekend without the clock
• try something new – learn a skill
• take advantage of queues – if you are stuck in a que, become aware of your body posture & thoughts on the situation
• eat healthy – lots of greens
• sit mindfully – shift your weight a few times rather than sitting still