21 Dec peru: even more than its wonder of the world
with the jaw-dropping incan ruins of machu picchu, peru is already a well-known tourist destination. often misunderstood as a country only for the adventurous backpacker, there are so many other reasons to visit this south american gem besides its most famous landmark. one day you’re feasting in a buzzing city, the next trekking the amazon rainforest or surfing down a sand dune in the desert.
- the culture and mouth-watering food in cusco. the old inca empire capital has a unique charm with remarkable churches, fantastic museums, and narrow cobbled streets. add to that, its booming restaurant scene offering both local delicacies and international classics. it is also the starting point for most machu picchu tours
- discover the amazon rainforest’s rich biodiversity of birds, mammals, reptiles, insects and trees while also sailing along the amazon river in a canoe
- in the middle of the desert with dreamy sunsets, huacachina offers activities such as a dune buggy tours and sandboarding
- its beautiful beaches that are especially popular with the avid surfer. visit the top surfing spots near the capital of lima, such as herradura and costa verde
- colca canyon – twice as deep as arizona’s grand canyon. with nearby active volcanoes, you can relax in one of the many local hot springs
- stand in awe of lake titicaca, the world’s highest navigable lake
- llamas and alpacas! these sweet-looking animals are commonly found across peru as a vital part of life in the andes
- and of course, don’t miss one of the seven wonders of the world. whether you want to take it easy by getting the train or take on a 4 day hike, you won’t be disappointed
if you need help organising a company offsite, incentive trip or corporate meeting, get in contact with seven events at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7659 4430.