02 Dec Step Away From Your Mobile Phones!
The ladies at Seven Events Events have confessed that they are all guilty of being on their phones too much! Weather it is for work or for personal reasons it is a bad habit that seems to be affecting our daily routines as well as our overall work life balance. So here are some tips on how to give your wellbeing a boost…without using a fancy app.
- Incessant checking of emails and social media – Is it really necessary to do that after work? Unless you are attending an evening event, do you think employees are adding productivity or just pointless stress? Think about it.
- Just say no – Have some self-control or look for other things to do. Read a book, cook yourself a nice meal, take a nap, have a bubble bath…just leave the phone alone. Your boss will understand that it is not effective for an employee to be working 24 hours a day. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram will also understand…
- Family and friends – Imagine how they feel when you are constantly on your phone. Are you really fun to be around? Did they arrange to have a catch up with you just to speak to your forehead?
- Make them wait – When people send a text or a whatsapp they expect a quick, even immediate response. Fear not – remember point two – just say no. It is ok to put yourself first and have some me time.
- Set your own rules – Decide what is important to you and build your daily routine around it. 30 minutes in the gym before work or 30 minutes on your phone. 30 minutes of reading your favourite book before bed of 30 minutes on your phone. Be strict with yourself and stick to it.